Comment on page
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature.
Our properties typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our properties or that you provide us.
- 1.Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of Emvoice content, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering. Affiliates of Emvoice may also be required to provide a tax identification number.
- 2.Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our properties. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, MacOS, Android, etc.), the specific areas of the propertied that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
- 2.Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
- 1.IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our properties, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our properties. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. We reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our properties, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
- 2.Cookies and similar: "Cookies" and other forms of storage are small text files from a website that are stored on your computer. These text files make using our properties more convenient by, among other things, saving your preferences for you. We may analyze the information derived from these cookies or other forms of storage and match this information with data provided by you or another party.
- 3.Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security, please do not send nonpublic personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others.
- 4.Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- 5.Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our properties, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
Our properties may link to or contain links to other third-party properties that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-parties. We encourage you to note when you leave our properties and to read the privacy statements of all third-parties before submitting any personally identifiable information.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information, and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet has inherent security risks. We cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access all of our Collection Places.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at [email protected].
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
The content of our properties is not directed toward children who are under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, we must receive verifiable consent from your parent or guardian for you to access our properties.
For children who are residents of the European Union and who are under age 16, we must receive verifiable consent from your parent or guardian for you to access our properties.
If we or our Service Providers become aware that a child under age 13 or a child who is a resident of the European Union under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian verifiable consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at [email protected].
Relevant data protection laws provide you certain rights regarding the protection of your data, including:
- the right to access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to object to processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to complaint to a supervisory authority
If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using (an independent resourced mechanism) as a third party resolution provider.